>So if the choice is betwen a Bernina or a *cheaper* Brother, I'd  say
>Bernina every time (yes, I'm a fan!).  Janome, Pfaff, Singer, etc also  good -
>but it's like anything - you'll get what you pay for.
>
>Good luck in your hunt, and let us know what you go for.
>

>Debbie

I think I'm going to lurk (ebay, or that U of wisc auction someone else posted)
for a Bernina Record 830.

I've actually used that model quite a bit, have the maintenance manuals in pdf
already,
and like it reasonably well.  (It is my wife's other machine.. she has that and
newer artista as well).

That.. and they are built like battle tanks.

--
Don Quixote -- quix...@toysmakeuspowerful.com
  "I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself"