Wow. What did the top look like?

-----Original Message-----
From: h-costume-boun...@indra.com [mailto:h-costume-boun...@indra.com] On
Behalf Of Deredere Galbraith
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2009 5:29 AM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Dream costume project

I have been to the Hermitage in Amsterdam  http://www.hermitage.nl/en/ They
have an exibition  At the Russian Court I saw some very elaborate
embroidered court dresses.

But I fell in love with a ball dress from 1810-1820 I asked if I could take
pictures since it isn't in the catalog and got sort of permission :-) .
But got only a picture of the bottom part of the dress with a mobile phone.

I have searched over the web to find a picture but I think they don't rate
it as one of their top collection dresses so no pictures.
Found some pictures made of the exhibition but always from the wrong angle
of the showcase and missing the dress.

Here is a picture of the bottom of the dress
http://www.deredere.dds.nl/Troep/Jurkonderkant.jpg
It is made of pink satin and an over layer of pink silk tulle(?)

For people who might go to the exhibition it is dress 12 in the ball room
http://www.deredere.dds.nl/Troep/Jurk.jpg

I would love a picture of the bodice.
The bodice looks a bit like this one
http://z.about.com/d/goamsterdam/1/0/x/9/-/-/hermitage-russian-court-dress.j
pg

I would love to recreate it. When I can afford it.