From: "Carmen Beaudry" <moreplen...@earthlink.net>
Sent 1/25/2010 8:37:29 AM
To: "Historical Costume" <h-cost...@indra.com>
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Washing linen trousers> I would venture that handwashing
the trousers in cold water would cause no
> damage, especially since the owner is willing to press/starch as needed.
>
> Denise B
As long as the trousers are kept out of the dryer, they should be fine
UNLESS they are very heavily interfaced.  The reason one doesn't wash suits
doesn't have much to do with the actual fabric, but quite a bit with the
extensive interfacings.  However, it is a gamble, and if it were an item for
which I had paid a lot, I would be inclined to have them cleaned.
Melusine