From: h-costume-boun...@indra.com [mailto:h-costume-boun...@indra.com] On
Behalf Of Carol Kocian
Sent: Saturday, February 06, 2010 10:52 AM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Is this real or not?

      I've heard of post-mortem photos that are taken of the person
in a coffin. Are there other examples of them with a dead person
posed sitting up?

      There is something on the side of her head which could be a
barrette or could be a head prop or rest of some sort. It does not
look like it would be sturdy enough if she was dead.

      I agree that her eyes do look focused. There could be other
reasons why it does not follow the conventions most wedding photos of
the time, for example a disability preventing hand positions, an
arranged marriage or cultural reasons why they would not be touching.

      -Carol

/listinfo/h-costume