The fairy picture is one of the ones reported by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
around 1921. They are paper cutouts on sticks. (The book they're from has
even been identified.) Poor Conan Doyle and several other reputable people
were completely taken in--largely because they really really wanted it to be
true.

MaggiRos

Maggie Secara
~A Compendium of Common Knowledge 1558-1603
Available at your favorite online bookseller
See our gallery at http://www.zazzle.com/popinjaypress