Hi Joan,

I agree with much of what you wrote completely.  My students are seldom
inclined though to shop for patterns outside of the Big 4, so I feel that I
should be familiar with what they'll be up against when they insist on using
those.  And too, I have plenty of those on hand so it's hard to resist the
temptation to play with them.

As for the Laughing Moon pattern, it's partly cut and awaiting assembly,
though I'll probably have to recut it since that one was cut before the sad
size change...urgh.

I'll be moving beyond Laughing Moon as I'm looking at a late 18th century
model in the immediate future, as well as several others.  Nothing like
setting myself up for a lot of boning channels to stitch!

Nah...I'll make my own.  I've done enough ballet bodices and theatrical
costume work to be pretty confident with corsets.

As to the measuring of the patterns and totaling up the measurements for
comparison to me, before settling on a size...hmm...I had that previous
discussion on how the Big 4 tend to run big so firmly on my mind...I was
just curious to what others thought, but YES, I'll quit being lazy, sitting
at my computer and thinking about it and JUST GO MEASURE!

Laurie Taylor

(480) 560-7016

www.costumeraz.blogspot.com