From: Elizabeth Walpole <elizabeth.r.walp...@gmail.com>
To: Historical Costume <h-cost...@indra.com>
Subject: Re: [h-cost] non paned trunkhose pre 1600
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 09:03:55 +1100

Thanks for your help, Karen, I had looked at the Fete at Bermondsey,
Wikipedia has a nice big scan
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/54/Joris_Hoefnagel_Fete_at_Bermondsey_c_1569.jpg(or
if the long link breaks try
http://snipurl.com/uppuz) but I saw some yellow lines on those white
trunkhose that looked too much like panes for me to be confident, I didn't
notice the man all in black with a tall hat slightly to the left of centre
with a lady on either side that definitely looks like non paned trunkhose.

I like the woodcut especially as it's a good illustration of the overall
style I wanted to make.

Thanks also to those who gave information on the use of the term 'mistress'
it's always helpful to find out that I'm not being as period incorrect as I
thought.

Elizabeth