I used to have 2 pair of the old fashioned Jodhpurs with the wide thighs. One
was navy wool broad cloth, the other brown corduroy. Both had button flies and
brown leather patches on the inner thigh that stopped a little below the knee
in a rounded shape. These were added over the already sewn inseam. They were
cut just like regular pants but for the wide thigh part, a wider flair of the
legs away from CF and a horizontal seam behind the knee... the back legs were
two pieces each, the behind the knee seam where they joined was slightly curved
to remove fabric when the knee was bent. ( imagine a fish dart taken behind the
knees....but the ends end at the inseam and outseam.) I believe the front part
was slightly eased at the knee but it's hard to tell. All seams flat felled.
The legs were narrow below the knee and open at the outseam. One (the brown)
closed by eyelets and lacing and there was a single long 1" -2" wide cotton
tape sewn at the bottom. Don't know why. The other (!
 blue) I don't remember how it closed, but I don't remember buttons or hooks
and eyes. It might have laced too, but I think it was different somehow.....

Anyway, after I worked on "Interview with the Vampire" I made a pair of
jodhpurs basted on these I had but with a half fall front, like 18th century
breeches. Out of a wonderful nubbly, light brown colored linen/cotton mix with
leather patches and laces and real horn buttons. It was meant as women's sports
wear, but it never sold until I took the flared thighs in to be like normal
pants.