I would be really interested to hear the result, if you choose this approach, because, to be honest, I never had much luck. My hair is just to my waist, and I have found that hairdressers are more practised in putting up hair that is to shoulder-blades or shorter. They don't seem to know where to "store" all the length, and weight, before doing fancy stuff with the last 8 inches.

Jean

Penny Ladnier wrote:
This is a thought...take an image of what you want and take it to a hairdresser that does bridal styles. Ask them if they can recreate the style. There are hairdressers that specialize in bridal up-dos.

Penny Ladnier (who grew my hair long in the early 1980s to look like Laura's hair on General Hospital)
Owner, The Costume Gallery Websites
www.costumegallery.com
14 websites of fashion, textiles, & costume history