Someone in another post mentioned hair receptacle.  I purchased an antique
ceramic hair receptacle a few months ago at an estate sale.  I have no idea how
old it is.  It is in two pieces that are donut shaped they sit one upon the
other.  I have been collecting hair after washing my hair and brushing my hair
the putting it in the hair receptacle.  I have also collected my hair after
having it trimmed.  It has taken me a couple of months to fill the receptacle.
I am surprised how quickly it filled up.

Now, for making the rat...would it work best to place the hair in panty hose
before using it in my hair?

Penny Ladnier
Owner, The Costume Gallery Websites
www.costumegallery.com
14 websites of fashion, textiles, & costume history