____________________________________
 From: medtc-disc...@yahoogroups.com
To:  medtc-disc...@yahoogroups.com
Sent: 6/8/2010 4:13:33 A.M. Eastern Daylight  Time
Subj: [MEDTC-DISCUSS] Digest Number 196

1. Silk Gold Crimson : Secrets and Technology at the  Visconti
From: Beth and Bob  Matney

Messages
1.  Silk Gold Crimson : Secrets and Technology at the Visconti
Posted by: "Beth and Bob Matney" bmat...@windstream.net bmatney2000
Date: Mon Jun 7, 2010 1:18 pm ((PDT))

>From Beth Matney:

I  have mentioned this in earlier posts. Wish that I could have caught
the  exhibition!

Buss, Chiara (ed). Silk Gold Crimson : Secrets and  Technology at the
Visconti and Sforza Courts. Milano: Silvana, 2009.  28cm., paperback,
190pp., 62 color plates. English text.  ISBN:  9788836614929

Wonderful book. Includes details on loom widths, selveges  and thread
counts, relative values of colors & dyes, types of gild
thread,ornamental sequins & embroidery, even two woven belts and  hardware.

Great article on weaving regulations in Venice. Even had a  caftan
from Valachia (Romania)!

I obtained my copy from The Saint  Bookstore in the UK via  ABE for $
36.48 and it arrived in 2 weeks.