I do not, since neither is a slash, and the flat fell seam helps take
any strain.  I usually put gussets at the bottom of the side seams,
but neither gets the same stress that the bottom of the neck opening.

I also buttonhole stitch around the bottom of the slash, beyond the
point where a rolled hem is workable.  The bride/bar tack is sewed
just above this.  I guess that does make it sort of a button hole, but
I never though of it that way before.

-- Chris Bertani
www.goblinrevolution.org/costumes