Kate

Check with the Museum of Our National Heritage in Lexington, MA, which is a Masonic Museum run by the Scottish Rite. They may be able to help with your questions.

I have several old aprons in my museum (the New Hampshire Masonic Museum at the Wm. Pitt Tavern) and the older ones are all different. Some standardization seems to have taken place in the 19th Century, such as a printed design that was sewn onto an apron, but many of them are still individualized up to the late 19th century. The older ones were embroidered by hand or hand painted. If you want to contact me off-list, use aviano64...@comcast.net. If you are near Portsmouth, NH, we can make arrangements to get you into the museum so you can look for yourself

Lee Fisher
Director