Hi Julie,

It depends on how you define "outrageously."  I've bought handkerchief linen
from all these folks:

www.fabric-store.com
www.fabric.com
www.wmboothdraper.com
www.graylinelinen.com

And maybe some others that I can't remember at the moment. Quality varies from
good to really good. None of the hanky linen I've gotten from these folks,
however, will give you the look of the chemise that Laurie is attempting to
make. The hand is just not soft enough. Perhaps the linen I've gotten just
isn't
fine enough, but more generally, linen is a pretty springy fiber, and would
want
to poof if you gathered so much of it so tightly.

Claudine