[Penny Ladnier] Forwarding this about Kayta.  She was a h-costume member for
years. Kayta sure will be missed.

>> She is survived by two daughters, Eileen Martz, Eleanor Martz Gomez,
>> Eleanor's husband Paolo Gomez, her "little" brother Gary, his wife
>> Sabrina, and their children, and her mother.
>>
>> According to Eleanor, Kayta's stated wishes were that she did not
>> want a
>> funeral or big memorial service. As an alternative, I would suggest:
>>
>> Have a small gathering of friends, and serve caramels and
>> butterscotch
>> flavored items. Kayta greatly enjoyed butterscotch pudding.
>>
>> No matter which group Kayta was in, she was frequently a teacher. In
>> S.C.A. and science fiction fandom, she taught hand crafts such as
>> embroidery, hand sewing, and provided information on how to be a
>> better
>> costumer. For Dickens Faire, some remember her for helping them learn
>> how to dance. So, if you have something that you can teach others, do
>> so. It doesn't have to be hand crafts. Just share your knowledge with
>> other people, and that will be a memorial to her.
>>
>> If you have a historical park in your neighborhood, help it out.
>> See if
>> they would like some historical re-enactors to put on period
>> appropriate
>> events. Kayta was involved with the Hyde Street Pier in San Francisco
>> where she created period appropriate events, one of them being a
>> Suffragette Protest in March, I believe. If someone local could
>> step in
>> and keep events alive there, that would be a living memorial.
>>
>> One of the best gifts that Kayta gave me was that she was
>> diplomatically
>> honest with me when no one else would tell me things that I needed to
>> know. I encourage others to do this with someone that others may find
>> difficult.
>>
>> At this point, Kayta's daughters have not stated any particular
>> wishes.
>> If people want to send condolence messages, I will forward them. I do
>> not feel right publishing their e-mail addresses at this time. If
>> anything is stated, I will let people know.

Penny Ladnier

Owner, The Costume Gallery Websites

 <http://www.costumegallery.com> www.costumegallery.com

14 websites of fashion, textiles, & costume history

=======
http://www.pctools.com/
=======