I'm not sure how much overlap there is between this list and an SCA garb
list, so I hoped for more ideas between the two.

I am cutting a cloak, the half-circle style as shown in Hill & Bucknell, The
Evolution of Fashion 1066-1930, c.1100 male/female.  I opted for this one
because it fit well on my fabric without piecing.  The fabric is a very dark
charcoal, almost black, woolen-like, though probably acrylic.  It’s what I
had on hand so, even if the color isn’t period, it’s going to happen.

I’m stuck on lining.  I’m guessing that it should be a linen, though I was
eye-balling a super-fine 130 wool from my stash.  The color isn’t good
though, I suppose – being a blue-gray, almost faded teal, but it sure feels
nice.

What would be a good color, keeping maybe sort of period?  I’m not wanting
to go buying more fabric – I own too darn much!  But I’m not sure that I’ve
got anything in a good color/fiber combination.

Also, quite a few of the cloaks of c.1066-1260 or thereabouts are greater
than ½ circle and harder to fit on fabric without piecing.  I did the math
to enlarge one particular pattern, and it would need a piece of fabric
around 105” x 120” approximately.  How would you piece that, or how might it
have been pieced in period, assuming that they didn’t just weave a fabric to
a dimension suitable for that garment?

Wide open to thoughts and ideas!

Laurie T.