I think the textile techniques are interesting, but would prefer that the discussions relate back to historic costume. There are certainly a lot of things to discuss regarding the winter holidays — special outfits that people had for the season, and also fancy dress or theatrical items worn for seasonal plays, parades, tableaux and the like.

Borderline question: do tree skirts count as costume?  ;-)

-Carol