My current project is to trim the 17th century jacket, which I made last
winter, with fur. Political correctness has made it impossible to buy old fur
coats in charity shops, but a fellow reenactor kindly gave me the sleeves of a
rabbit coat during the summer. I want it to look like the fur-edged jackets you
see in many Dutch paintings.

Does anyone have any advice about this? I've borrowed a library book with
instructions for making fur collars etc. It recommends you to dampen the skin
side of the fur and pin it into shape on a board before cutting. I've made a
paper template but haven't had time to do anything more yet.

Kate Bunting
Librarian & 17th century reenactor