You might also look at R L Shep's books, they might have a reprint
that could be helpful to you.

http://www.rlshep.com/

Katy

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 6:12 AM, Elizabeth Walpole
<elizabeth.r.walp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I’m in the beginning stages of a steampunk outfit for my boyfriend.
> I’ve bought McCall’s  4745
> http://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m4745-products-7030.php as a starting
> point. I’m looking for some information on a slightly more
> historically accurate way of constructing it than the standard modern
> costume method with fusible interfacing etc.
>
> Does anybody know of a resource (preferably online but I can try to
> obtain books through the library) on historical tailoring techniques
> or modern high end tailoring (e.g. accurate interfacing techniques
> etc.). Although the outfit doesn’t have to be historically accurate I
> don’t want to spend time on a cheap & nasty substitute when I could
> spend the same time on a good outfit that will look good & last for a
> long time.
>
> thanks
> Elizabeth
> --

Katy Bishop, Vintage Victorian
katybisho...@gmail.com                www.VintageVictorian.com
     Custom reproduction gowns of the Victorian Era.
      Publisher of the Vintage Dress Series books.