I wanted to give a shout out to the many people who have made my wonderful
job so much easier over the years...many, many have been h-costumers.  You
all are such a great support group and a wealth of information!!!  Many of
our websites' visitors, subscribers, and students have been from this list.
A large majority of our instructors and intern volunteers I met on this
list.   Some of you have loaned your collections or donated to go online in
our Research Library.

 Kathleen Mitchell has loaned us several books, given me a vast collection
of 1st Communion photos, and sold me her collections of antique wedding
photos and antique fashion magazines.  She has been such a wonderful
supportive person over the years.  Something that I didn't learn in my
college business law class was copyright laws.  Boy, I really learned them
with the discussions between Fran and RL Shep!!!  Kimiko, you have to be the
fastest person that I have ever seen at restoring antique fashion plates for
me.   Shirley Hobbs, a quiet lurker, was one of our first typist interns and
is still with us.  She typed almost all the fashion trends reports in our
1860s A Year in Fashion series and a lot of sections of the Costume
Dictionary.   Franchesca Havas has been a Costume Classroom instructor for
so long that I have forgotten when she started.  She knows more about gloves
than anyone I have ever met.

Many are h-costumers are perfectly preserved our Online Costume Balls.  That
was such a blast doing the ball with all of you.  It was fun to see you try
to guess who some of the others were.   Sandy and Pierre I looked forward to
your entries every year.   Robin, I believe you are a walking costume
encyclopedia and it was a joy to meet you at Costume-Con.  It was also fun
having Sandy and Pierre to stalk you at CC so that I could meet you in
person...with standing up.   Ann Wass was one of our instructors and I met
her in person not long after I graduated from college.  I have rarely met up
with you when you were not in costume!

A BIG thank you to Eliza for being such a wonderful list-mom to all of us
for so many years.  You are a costume saint!

Gosh, so many fun memories and great times with h-costume.   I could write a
novel on the fun we have all had here!

Penny Ladnier, owner
The Costume Gallery Websites
www.costumegallery.com
14 websites of fashion, costume, and textile history