I love costuming and productions for recitals or plays. My mom tried to teach
me to sew so many times but I'd start then toss it aside when it didn't turn
out right. I really started sewing quilts and baby clothes for my first
daughter. Hand stitching for most of the baby clothes. I learned and even got
to the point of making clothes for other people for a while. Then I discovered
the renaissance fair near Harrisburg, PA... and we went. I'd been buying the 99
cent patterns on sale when I could. Once I found Margo's patterns, I was hooked
on the fabrics and trim that I could see on a gorgeous gown. I made my first
gown for my daughter as Princess Elizabeth. She was to go to the fair as
Honorary Princess on Kids Weekend...but it rained all day. It took me a year to
make it all, every piece sewn by hand. I made polymer clay jewels and gadgets.
I found the exact match of velvet on the portrait on ebay. It took me 3 weeks
to get the nerve to cut it. I've cut out 1 piece from it a!
 nd now it lies in a box of honor in my craft room. 6 meters of it... waiting
for the next time to use it. I've made the Iron Hand garment and a Linen
ensemble since then.
My sister has created costumes for the Pocahontas Festival in Larado, TX
several times. She loves bead work and leather work. My aunt crocheted and
knit. My grandmother crocheted until she could see straight, others in the
family do sewing but not like our family. I love the feel of fabric. I'm very
tactile.
My daughter loves to make purses! So she's learning.

Sincerely,
Rebecca Rautine