Sorry--I forgot to sign that.

Ann Wass
____________________________________
 From: annbw...@aol.com
To: h-cost...@indra.com
Sent: 1/20/2011 6:02:18  P.M. Eastern Standard Time
Subj: Re: [h-cost] Your family and costuming  genes

My mom was of the generation where more or less all  girls learned how to
sew.  She  was, I would say, competent, and she helped me to get going.  My
father’s mother was a really  creative seamstress.  I didn’t  spend much
time around her, as she lived far away, but I must have inherited  some of my
creativity from her.   She made me some lovely things when I was a child, but
since she was so  far away, sometimes they just barely fit when I got them—
a grave  disappointment, as they were so nice!   I still have a satin
wedding dress she made for a doll she gave me--I  probably should get it out
and
put it in a shadow box  frame.