Okay, so I am a sucker for David Brown books and a very happy customer. If you haven't already seen this offer - here it is. This one arrived at the same time as the book. I think Ian has figured out that I don't necessarily note down when I buy a book like this and can be persuaded to order a second one because I couldn't live without the title.

If you get a chance to meet him in the Book room at KZoo, you will enjoy talking to him a lot. His thing isn't books, it's the "oh! shiny! that books produce. He likes the information, and he likes the people who like the information. He may never get rich, but he will make a lot of people happy.

The book is European Paper size, and 140 pages. It has a lot of color pictures towards the front third with the last 2/3rds being layouts. There is a nice little literature/bibliography to make up the last Page with a list of abbreviations. Nice to have. Nice to round out a collection.

Regina Romsey

    Dear Wanda Pease

We have just received the long-awaited "Medieval Garments Reconstructed: Norse
Clothing Patterns" from its publisher, Aarhus University Press, in Denmark.

The book is a companion volume to "Woven into the Earth: Textile Finds in Norse
Greenland", which came out in 2004, and which we also sell.

This is a remarkable book. It contains a condensed introduction to the original
textile finds and then there are historical discussions of the production of
the thread, dyeing and weaving techniques and the cutting and sewing of the
garments. Next comes the practical part of the book, presenting measurements
and drawings of garments, hoods and stockings with sewing instructions and
patterns.

The book is priced at $40, but is offered, until the end of January at $30, a
25% savings. We hope you will take advantage!

With regards,

Ian Stevens
DBBC
Tel: 800-791-9354

'Medieval Garments Reconstructed: Norse Clothing Patterns' - by Else Ostergard,
Anna Norgard and Lilli Fransen, translated by Shelly Nordtorp-Madson
List Price: US$ 40.00 * Our Price: US$ 30.00 *
Link: http://www.oxbowbooks.com/bookinfo.cfm/ID/67558/MID/28999

23:35:00