Wow, Kimiko, thanks for posting. John Boehner's mauve tie doesn't quite come up to this standard!

I hope Bjarne is getting a look at this!

--Ruth Anne Baumgartner
scholar gypsy and amateur costumer

On Jan 27, 2011, at 12:07 AM, Kimiko Small wrote:

Hello all,

This just came over a community I am on, and I thought folks here might be interested in the eye candy. The embroidery is what caught my eye. Not my period, so no idea if this is good or what. Just pretty.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Georgian-18thC-finely-embroidered-waistcoat- Provenance-/360338397966? pt=UK_Antiques_AntiqueTextiles_EH&hash=item53e5d79b0e

The item is still available if someone really is interested. I just figured the photos would be nice to look through.

Kimiko