If a ceremonial robe is long that it trails on the ground behind the person,
the robe is said to have a train. That which attach and detach from the
waistline and trails the ground behind the gown is a train. A long veil that
trails past the gown is said to have a train. Same with a gown's skirt that
trails behind. What I have seen over the years is that a train is used to
describe the length of the back section of a garment, including robes that
usually trail on the floor.
Another name for ceremonial robe is robe of state. Queen Elizabeth's
coronation robe had a 18ft train.
http://www.fashion-era.com/images/SocialHistory/coro500jun.jpg

another name for a ceremonial robe is mantle.

In your case you have a mantle or robe that has a train. :)

De