You might try Simplicity's Sherlock Holmes costume.
RA

On Mar 8, 2011, at 4:46 PM, cw15147-hcos...@yahoo.com wrote:

Vest: Laughing Moon Merchantile, <http://www.lafnmoon.com/> though you'll have to do a little improvisation to get the double hem effect. You won't find a
pattern exactly like that.

The coat looks like a loose-fitting version of a standard, single- breasted coat, with a capelet attached (that's my reading, anyway). Unfortunately no coat patterns are percolating to the top of my brain at the moment, but I'm sure something like that is find-able. Simplicity had a set geared towards the
"Deadwood" look, but I don't recall if it included a coat.

The pants don't have a lot of detail, so if you an find any plain pant pattern
that fits, then you can add the cuff decoration.

Claudine

----- Original Message ----
From: "Pixel, Goddess and Queen" <pi...@hundred-acre-wood.com>
To: Historical Costume <h-cost...@indra.com>
Sent: Tue, March 8, 2011 1:35:19 PM
Subject: [h-cost] A Victorian/steampunk pattern question

Hello the list!

The theme of Convergence (July, Twin Cities) this year is steampunk. And for some reason I have not yet figured out, I decided that my husband needs to have
this costume:

I can find patterns. That's not the problem. My problem is that I am an intermediate sewer at best (I mostly do 13th century, and that's all rectangles and triangles, no tailoring), and I have no idea which patterns are good and
which are hard to  follow.

What I am hoping is that someone has a recomendation for patterns for the coat, shirt, and vest (I am going to fake it on pants) that will fit a short
(5'6") round guy. He wears a size 2XL vest.

Thanks in  advance!

Jen