hi Penny,

turns out most of what I found on-line is circular, back to an article "History
of Matrimony", from some Italian wedding planner company!!!  Will look more
tomorrow (Wed) in printed sources.  No help on either Philippa OR Anne!

Although I did find one reference in Spanish <
http://www.lebrelblanco.com/anexos/a0040.htm > that Anne was the first to use
black for mourning (previously white = mourning)  hmm. there's politics
there... modern, Basque vs Navarre; don't know if/how it would affect the
historical stuff, well, the costume detail stuff...

anyway, will look in my costume library tomorrow and see if I can find anything.

chimene