Has anyone reviewed Sheila Paine's book on "Embroidered Textiles" that was
published a year or two ago?  It was highly rated on Amazon but I'm finding it
very frustrating to read.  Thank goodness I got this copy from the library and
didn't have to pay for it.  The pictures are gorgeous, no question about that,
but it seems to be an enthusiast's treatment rather than a scholarly work.
There's a mention in passing of 'Indo-Portuguese' quilts (that I think refers
to export items from the 16th-17th centuries?) without much explanation of what
or when they are; and some sweeping statements about ethnic dress, without much
context; and so on.  I want footnotes and sources!  Some of her statements seem
to be more speculation than fact--even though stated authoritatively.  Any
other opinions out there?

Suzanne