Subject: New RMS Titanic and Fashion week: Images Online August 2011

www.bl.uk
August 2011
Images Online
Dear Sheridan,

Welcome to the August edition of the new look Images Online newsletter. This
month we are featuring images from our RMS Titanic collection as well as a
beautiful selection of illustrations, inspired by London Fashion Week, by the
French Illustrator, George Barbier.
Browse and buy our images

 What's in this issue:

 New Titanic Collection     London Fashion Week     New Images Online Website
  Image Calendar

New RMS Titanic Collection
Setting sail from Southampton Harbour on the 10 April 1912, the Titanic
represented the pinnacle of maritime technology of the day. It was said that as
far as it was possible to do so, the Titanic had been designed to be unsinkable
and while also measuring in at 270 metres in length the ship was certainly a
magnificent sight. But on the 14 April 1912 the Titanic struck an iceberg and
sunk in the early hours of the 15 April. Approximately 1,500 people lost their
lives in the disaster.

In the run-up to the 100 year anniversary of the launch and sinking of the RMS
Titanic, the British Library has a new collection of incredible images
available to view and licence on our Images Online website. The collection
includes spectacular shots of the ship as well as SOS notes.

     View Images

London  Fashion Week
To celebrate London Fashion Week (16 - 21 September), The British Library has a
fantastic selection of fashion images including illustrations by the great
French illustrator, George Barbier.

All of these are available on the Images Online website.

     View Images

 New  Images Online
Website
 Image  Calendar
 This is just to remind everybody that Images Online have a new website, packed
with features :

        * Improved Searching
        * PLUS Pricing
        * Image Flexibility
        * New Image Alerts      On the Images Online website we have a Historic
Images Calendar. The Calendar, featuring images commemorating historical events
is there to help you find that telling image for notable events and
anniversaries.

Click on the link below to go to the calendar and discover fascinating facts
about significant events, births and deaths from around the world .

     View Images
     View Images
    Follow us on Twitter!      Images Online
has a new facebook page !

 Discover  the world's knowledge www.bl.uk

The British Library respects your privacy  and only sends emails about or
services to registered customers and subscribers to our email newsletters. To
unsubscribe from this newsletter, follow this link

Any suggestions or comments about this newsletter?

Copyright (c) The British Library Board
The British Library, 96 Euston Road, London, NW1 2DB