In a message dated 9/22/2011 2:28:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
rubin.lau...@gmail.com writes:

I agree  that these look like men's shirts, with the exception perhaps
of the one  with the neck ruffle.
That one looks like a "habit shirt" as described  briefly by the
Cunningtons in the History of Underclothes.  That would  put it in the
early 1820s, IIRC, at any rate the high fashionable waist  could
account for the shortness of the garments.
They still look like  men's underclothes to me, though now I'm curious
to see what other garments  you're looking at for comparison.

-Laura