Aha. Thank you!

So, in the example (trying to visualize those 12 leaves/6 picks). . . ?

Would that be like a satin weave?

    == Marjorie Wilser

=:=:=:Three Toad Press:=:=:=

"Learn to laugh at yourself and you will never lack for amusement." --MW

http://3toad.blogspot.com/

On Oct 30, 2011, at 5:43 PM, Joan Jurancich wrote:

At 05:19 PM 10/30/2011, you wrote:
Aurora-- or anyone?

See the next page (Drap de Milord) where it talks about fabric having
12 leaves and 6-12 picks per repeat? Or, Drap de Prince with "8 leaves
and 3 picks."

Are those weaving terms? If so, what do they mean?

Totally agree-- a most interesting and useful compliation!

   == Marjorie Wilser

Yes, the "leaves" are what we Americans today call "harnesses"; each "leaf" or "harness" holds a set of heddles for pattern weaving. "Picks" are what we also call a "shots" of weft.