As far as the men go, you could always tell them that tights are your costume
unless you'd rather go naked - its worked for me before when I've hit issues
with men not wanting to wear tights. Or depending if you're aiming for a
specific decade or just renaissance in general, you could get by with tights
under a fitted Venetian breeches.

As for the women's gowns, using a mixture of fabrics or simply colors will add
variety. You can also do a lot with different trims and patterns of trim.

Michael Deibert
OAS AAS LLS
Sent from my iPhone