On Nov 29, 2011, at 7:31 PM, cc2010m...@cs.com wrote:

In a message dated 11/17/2011 1:00:47 PM Central Standard Time,
h-costume-requ...@indra.com writes:
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 16:24:16 -0500
From: Natalie <natali...@gmail.com>

Someone suggested to me once that cutting strips from a milk jug makes wonderful boning for smaller projects, like dolls. I haven't had time to
test it myself, but it seems like a pretty good idea. You can always
double up on layers if you need it a bit stiffer too.

Natalie

I don't know about milk jug plastic and corsets, but I do know that milk jug plastic is just the thing to cut a collar stay replacement on a man's
shirt.

Henry W. Osier
President, Armed Costumers Guild
On Staff for TeslaCon 3 in 2012, Chicon 7 in 2012, and Chicago TARDIS 2012

I've heard of using bleach bottle plastic for corset boning — bleach bottles being sturdier than milk jugs. The lighter plastic boning (like featherboning or Rigilene) may not provide enough support, depending on the size of the person, how much support her figure needs. That and comfort are not an issue for a doll, of course. The problem is, corsets are a lot of work and some of those boning ideas will require some experimentation.

-Carol