If it comes to that, I revived four different 19th- and early 20th-century apportioning scale systems in my books Fashions of the Gilded Age (Heinrich Klemm's system), Bustle Fashions 1885-1887 and Directoire Revival Systems 1888-1889 (the first version of William Goldsberry's system), The Voice of Fashion (the second version of William Goldsberry's system), and The Edwardian Modiste (Jonathan Nelson's system). I also did research into early 19th-century pattern drafting for The Lady's Stratagem and described some techniques there.

But, although I enjoy doing the research and have done more than I have published, there is not a lot of commercial value in it. Publishing patterns yes; the research per se, no.

Fran
Lavolta Press
www.lavoltapress.com
www.facebook.com/LavoltaPress