Hi, all,
Has anyone machine washed and/or dried Liberty of London cotton lawn? What was
your result?

Unnecessary explanation:
I have some Liberty of London cotton lawn that I want to use for historical
costume on 1:12 (dollhouse) scale dolls.
When I buy fabric to costume humans and other mammals I *always* wash it first,
because mammalian activity is such that inevitably one will wish to wash the
costume someday. I am overjoyed that my 18th-century-style worsted gown was
washable after I spilled a kettle of fish chowder on it.
But dolls? Dolls mainly just get dusty.
The LoL lawn is labeled hand wash or dry clean. So, yes, that is what I
*should* do.
But I really want to throw it in the machine once before I commit to cutting it
out, so that, should the dolls later wander into some fish chowder, the
disaster could be mitigated.
I also hate what dry cleaning does to fabric anyway.

So I'm having trouble talking myself out of a preliminary machine wash. I'm
okay with line drying.

Thoughts?
Thank you,
Lauren