Forwarding on....

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Brad Moore <mam...@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Subject: [GermanRenCostume] Museum of London Tudor knitted caps available
online
To: "historick...@yahoogroups.com" <historick...@yahoogroups.com>, "
elizabethan-g...@yahoogroups.com" <elizabethan-g...@yahoogroups.com>, "
germanrencost...@yahoogroups.com" <germanrencost...@yahoogroups.com>

I apologize for the cross-posting, but this came across another group I am
on, and thought it might be of interest here.

Yours,

Brad Moore

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would
be a merrier world."
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Dear
all,

I’m
pleased to announce that the knitted 16th century cap collection of
the Museum of
London is now online. The
73 caps, coifs, cap fragments, linings and earpieces have been newly
photographed, with captions containing contextual and technical
information. All
the pieces will have their full captions in the next two weeks.

The
caps and their parts are of a large group of material excavated from sites
around London by
workmen in the early 20th century. They represent an insight into
everyday urban clothing and a high level of technical skill in their
knitted,
fulled and napped construction. Caps of this style are in collections
across
Europe and North America and are the focus of a
lot of research interest, so we are pleased to make a large group available
the wider research community.

browse the caps, please go to the Collections
Online site and enter ‘cap’ in the Keyword field with the date range
1500-1600 in the search fields.

Many
thanks to all the researchers who have contributed to this project,
especially
Jane Malcolm-Davies of The Tudor Tailor.

Do
please pass this on to anyone who may be interested, and feel free to
contact me
if you have any questions.

With
best wishes,

Hilary

__._,_.___

Change settings via the
Web<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GermanRenCostume/join;_ylc=X3oDMTJmN2NnZmdtBF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBGdycElkAzI1NzY0MjMEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE2MDYxBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3N0bmdzBHN0aW1lAzEzMzk3ODI4OTE->(Yahoo!
ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily
Digest<germanrencostume-dig...@yahoogroups.com?subject=Email+Delivery:+Digest>|
Switch
to Fully
Featured<germanrencostume-fullfeatu...@yahoogroups.com?subject=Change+Delivery+Format:+Fully+Featured>