I speak a bit of French--what is their site? Maybe I can find them.
Sharon

-----Original Message-----
From: h-costume-boun...@indra.com [mailto:h-costume-boun...@indra.com] On
Behalf Of Althea Rizzo
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 10:23 AM
To: h-cost...@indra.com
Subject: [h-cost] looking for images - Fleury, Tresors de merovingienne

Hello!

I am looking to find high-rez images of textiles that were published as
sketches in Les trésors mérovingiens de la basilique de Saint-Denis, Albert
France-Lanord, Michel Fleury, 1998.

Page 76 - Grave #1 - gold embroidered textile Page 83 - Grave #A9 - gold
embroidered/gold braid tunic

I have the sketches from the book which shows approximate placement, but am
hoping that there lurks somewhere photographs or more recent and detailed
sketches. My Googl-Fu hasn't been able to uncover anything. Nor is my French
good enough to find them on their image search site.

Thanks!

***

Althea Rizzo
alt...@alfalfapress.com
Suvia's Letters - A Merovingian material culture blog -
alfalfapress.com/suvia