Probably won't ever NEED one, unless you house goes under water and the
thing rusts.

My 1971 Kenmore still works wonders. I bought a cheap machine a couple of
years ago because it had a built-in, one-step buttonholer. And it's so much
lighter than my 'real' machine that I take it to Costume College and
classes throughout the year. It's paid for itself in convenience already.
Dragging the other one around, even with some plastic parts, is a pain.
LynnD