Hi Lauren

I am following your account of the evening gown with interest and was
fascinated to hear how you managed the tiny quilling...I would love to see the
results.

I agree that it is so difficult to get a proper idea from many of the fashion
plates as to how the garments were constructed. My passion is 12th scale
millinery and I thank my lucky stars for the Internet
for giving me the possibility to see many detailed photos of historical
headwear from all angles. The fashion drawings can be extremely deceiving and
the back of a hat is often nothing like I expected it to be :) I have also
discovered endless instructions from original 19th century magazines and text
books which have been invaluable and which I would have been extremely unlikely
ever to have had access to unless it was 'online'. And, of course, this group
has been amazing for the amount of information shared!

Best wishes

Janine
www.missameliasminiatures.com