Although it would be nice to do hand embroidery, realistically I have too many other things on my schedule. For a while I toyed with the idea of getting a high-end sewing/embroidery machine, but I already have two perfectly good sewing machines and a huge price tag is a bit intimidating. I am thinking of buying a Brother PE770, which is a fairly inexpensive dedicated embroidery machine. It takes a flash drive so I can import designs from my computer.

I want to do historic embroidery designs and I want to create or at least customize my own. I'm used to using graphic design software (scan editing and draw programs), but I know little about embroidery design software. Any suggestions?

Fran
Lavolta Press
Books on making historic clothing
www.lavoltapress.com