And here are some other ones, http://www.utsavfashion.com/lehenga

- Marion

________________________________
From: Marjorie Wilser <the3t...@gmail.com>
To: Historical Costume <h-cost...@indra.com>
Sent: Thu, November 1, 2012 2:16:50 AM
Subject: [h-cost] Indian? Pakistani? Not sure what it is.

In the interest of historical costume, modern version:

I have a great thrift store outfit I purchased some years ago in the South Bay
(San Jose) area. It looks like a typical woman's "Punjabi suit" consisting of
tunic, shawl, and pants-- except there are no pants. There is a long, even on
me
(5'10) flowing skirt. It's obviously dressy attire. There is gold (?) bullion
embroidery on the front of the tunic, and tiny gold seed beads stitched all
over
the skirt and shawl (wider than the typical Paloo of a sari). Fabric is an
abstract print in warm brown and golden tones on a lightweight silk. Lined
throughout. It was a very lucky find for me because I am tall and had only to
steal fabric from a seam to add a bust room gusset under the arms.

Anybody care to hazard a guess as to this outfit's origins? I'm definitely
voting for the Punjab because of the tunic, and thinking perhaps it might be
some very formal outfit due to the heavy embroidery. I don't think this list
takes attachments, but I do have a pic to post. . . somewhere, or send to
whomever is interested.

Thanks!

==Marjorie Wilser

Three Toad Press