Any help in the movie "Mulan"? It's been a while since I saw it, but it may
have some ideas.
Sharon C.

-----Original Message-----
From: h-costume-boun...@indra.com [mailto:h-costume-boun...@indra.com] On
Behalf Of WorkroomButtons.com
Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2012 6:18 PM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: [h-cost] Chinese peasant costumes... help?

...or Tales of a Band Mom.

This year's winter percussion piece is "Terra Cotta Warriors" and first
order of business... peasant costumes for kids in the pit (stationary
instruments like xylophones, chimes, etc.)

What the heck did Chinese peasants wear in 3rd century BC?  Our band
director is proposing simple wrap-style tunics (like short kimonos) and
scrub pants torn below the knee -- both dyed in earthy colors.
Semi-accurate?  Horrible?  Are conical hats appropriate? --although I can
see them getting knocked off.  I'm clueless, and can find neither image nor
description.

Part II will be terracotta soldier costumes to be worn by very active
teenagers with drums, but I need to deal with the peasants first.

Help?