One of the favorite colors for silk, at least among Jewish brides in Egypt in
the 10th-12th centuries was "the eye of a partridge".  The Arabic word is
"hagali" and is supposed to be a brownish pink.

In looking at partridges on-line, I can not find a close-up of a partridge eye.
 I can see, however, a usually bright orange rim around the eye which, I
believe, is not the color that the brides were referring to.

Can anyone throw light on this color?  Perhaps -- fingers crossed -- a
comparable DMC color has been identified?

Thank you very much.

Nancy Spies