What I am looking for is help with acquiring appropriate swatches of fabric and
fibers that approximate a medieval fabric, but at a more conventionally
budgetable cost.

Having even a piece that is say 2" x 3" to touch and see the weave is easier to
learn from than a photo from a book, plus we do see changes in how a fabric is
labeled, which can confuse someone who is not as knowledgeable about textiles.
Ideally, I'd like to be able to label the swatch with the actual fiber content
and weave type (because I can't tell the difference between weaves very well)
and suggestions of what that weight of fabric would most probably be used for
in period.  If I can flesh out good images of actual medieval fabrics with
swatches and information on textile names or terms, that would be great.

 Cilean, do you have a handout for your class? Could I reimburse and credit you
for a copy to put in my workbook?  I generally only make it down to California
twice a year or so, and not for SCA events-rather for Costume College and sf
conventions.

JonnaLyhn Wolfcat
aka Angharad verch Reynulf, BAO, An Tir