I'm starting to wonder if our ancestors found the idea of women in pants as
shocking as we think they did. I keep finding examples of women wearing them in
the 19th century. The "bloomer" costume as reform dress, the bathing costumes,
women in camping and hiking situations, women on the westward trek, female mine
workers in Wales and other parts of Europe, utopian societies, fishwives in
England and female acrobatic performers. I have a feeling the more people dig
the more we will find out that there were just certain situations where no one
found it out of place to see a woman in pants.

I will grant you that in none of these cases are the women putting on a pair of
men's pants. They are wearing pants with a unique style and construction.

  Maggie Koenig

Sent from my iPhone