From: h-costume-boun...@indra.com [h-costume-boun...@indra.com] On Behalf Of
Hope Greenberg [h...@uvm.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 10:25 PM
To: h-costume@mail.indra.com
Subject: [h-cost] Stumped

Here's a request:

The dilemma: I making a garden variety early 19th century bib/apron
dress of a cotton print. Of course, I have too little fabric so instead
of a long sleeve I decided to do a short sleeve with a detachable
undersleeve in white cotton voile. I went flipping through my collection
of hundreds of images looking for an example. (Note, this is an 1812 or
thereabouts gown, not the turn of the century type where a colored
bodice and white sleeve is common, nor the Princess Charlotte "russian"
dress that looks like our American jumper.) Lo and behold I cannot find
an image of this combination. This, the staple of all JA films! Lots of
short sleeves with long gloves, lots of short sleeves over undersleeves
of the same fabric. Does anyone have an actual documented example?

Thanks!

- Hope
hope.greenb...@uvm.edu