Hello everyone, I vaguely remember seeing a link to a collection of images
of people (especially women) wearing crowns in SCA period (i.e. pre
17thcentury) artworks. Does this ring a bell for anyone? I was joking
with my
husband the other day that it’s a good thing he neither of us does heavy
fighting as if we became King & Queen I couldn’t wear a crown with the
normal headwear that suits my persona (French hoods for c. 1540s English
women) and then it occurred to me that other people must have had this
problem and I wondered how people deal with similar problems of crowns and
complicated headwear.