Well, my first impression from Google images was that the white garment was a
shift, the cotton "slip" you'd wear at the base of everything, corset goes over
it, bustle "bum-roll" goes over it, only any possible knickers would go under
it…

a VERY Lizzie-phile website where I found a review of the piece,
http://lizziebordenwarpsandwefts.com/2014/01/26/lifetimes-lizzie-borden-took-an-axe-yes-a-crime-was-committed/
  provided this in its review of the piece: "Lizzie racing around in her
underwear with hair streaming wantonly down her back" --

see also the "1890's fashion" link in the sidebar -- some fascinating material
there, although nothing about underwear on the first page…

Googling "1890's underpinnings" brings images like these, which appear to
validate elements of that slip, to my eye, anyway!

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/233413193162644655/  (found her again, listed as
"Dahlia M", at http://indulgy.com/post/wo6jgNuPJ1/jacket-circa-s -- NOTE, even
in a "naughty girl" photo, her hair is completely done!, rather than "streaming
wantonly"

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/dc/a5/91/dca5914a47b652a8e14657aeb3e5d188.jpg
  -- this is labelled "Edwardian, 1910" on its Pinterest page,
http://www.pinterest.com/windilyn/underpinnings-and-victorian-things/  Oh drat.
we have so far refused Pinterest's new spam-generator "membership" stuff, I did
see several more things that look like the movie garment further down the page,
but can't see past the dratted "join us" black-bar-of-death!

Well, there went about an hour of my Sun-day-of-rest! 8-)
chimene