I'd bet that Scot cloth was a plaid, but it could be a linen, similar to Irish linen.

I agree that ferret was a silk ribbon and/or a narrow woolen tape. Usually silk, though.

Dow lace perplexes me, since dowlas was defined as "A coarse kind of linen" in 1797.

Happy sewing,
   Deb Salisbury
   The Mantua-Maker
   Quality Historical Sewing Patterns
   www.mantua-maker.com
New:
   The Art of the Mantua-Maker: 1870 - 1879
   Fashion, Sewing, and Clothes Care Advice
     https://mantua-maker.com/1870s_Dressmaking_Book.html

Also available:
   Fabric a la Romantic Regency: Regency Era Fabric Usage
   Victorian Bathing and Bathing Suits:
     The Culture of the Two-Piece Bathing Dress from 1837 – 1901
   Elephant's Breath and London Smoke: Second Edition
Historical Color Names, Definitions, and Uses in Fashion, Fabric and Art