Hi, I'm looking at a job reproducing the clothes in a Pompeian fresco. I think
I've identified most of the clothing involved, but still have a question on one
thing. Any Ancient Roman experts out there?
The painting in question is the sale of the bread
-https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Sale_of_bread,_fresco_(from_Pompeii)
 - I'm going with the seated man wearing a white toga over a white tunic and
the three in front wearing tunics and paenula of some dark color, but I can't
decide what the off white thing is. At first I thought cloak, cause it looks
like it is clasped on the shoulder, but it has that odd reddish trim which
almost looks like a hood.  It looks too small to be a hood and why the trim
just in that spot? So I'm not sure what it is.
This is my first paying gig, so I want it to go well.
Thanks all, Susan Courney